5.11.2009

What a fantastic weekend!

I am starting to notice a trend with my posts. They all have to do with my weekends. I guess I don't find anything I do during the week Blog worthy.
Weekday Shout Out: This past Thursday, Scott and I got together and made a dinner of Coconut Shrimpies dipped in orange marmalade and Steamed Mussels. The whole meal was a blast to make together and pretty fantastic if I may say so.

Moving on to the weekend: Amelia arrived from Minnesota on Friday and Dion was in from Australia so we all met up with Mary, Scott, Pat, and Kelley for drinks at Reddog, then went to dinner at LunaMaya. This may be a point where you start to notice happy hour and restaurant trends as well ;-) After dinner, Pat invited Scott, Amelia and I over for a much longer night than we anticipated. I have never met someone who hosts as well as Pat Cronyn. We were able to pull together a great crowd and there was a steady flow of mudslides, martinis, and some late night pizza as well, but most important of the evening- it was a great time with great friends and I'm so glad Amelia got to meet and spend time with everyone.

I woke up early Saturday to take Scott to the airport to fly to Chicago. His brother, Mark, graduated from Wheaton on Sunday so they were all able to be with their mom on Mother's day and Scott got to spend time with his friend Ryan, who is getting married in Detroit in a month.
Saturday was the annual Norfolk Wine Festival which is always eventful. This was by far my favorite year because I had my roomie Mary, plus out of towners Dion, Kehaulani, and Amelia and we met up with Harrison plus spent the day on the dock with Scott's friends. Only major thing missing was Scott!!! It made me look so forward to getting him back into town though.

On Mother's Day, my mom and dad came into town and we had lunch with Matt, Amanda, Callie, and Amanda's parents. Also, Becky, Amanda's sister, was in town with her husband Jon, her little boy Will and little girl Brighton. Then later in the day Rebekah and Griff brought over Charlotte and Norah. It was a wonderful Mother's Day with Family and a wonderful weekend with Friends :-)