5.27.2009

One of the best gift I've ever received

was my graduation present. A 1998 beautiful white pontiac sunfire with only 17 miles on it. I knew it was a fun car to drive since I had been cruising around town in my brothers red sunfire while he was in europe the summer after my junior year. I also knew I was going to get a car for graduation and needed to start looking. One evening, while car shopping with my parents for their new ride, I saw my baby sitting in the showroom. It's the closest I had ever been to love at first sight. Needless to say, I got my graduation present 11 months before graduating and have enjoyed every minute of the last 11 years we have spent together. This past weekend, I made the decision to purchase a newer, larger, more reliable car and cried my eyes out as my dad drove my sunfire home to Richmond. It made me question if I should ever have children........ If I can be so emotionally attached to an automobile and feel my heart breaking as I see her driving away, how will I ever let my kids go to summer camp, vacations with friends, school trips, or even worse, college?!?!?

The wonderful part of the story is that both of Scotts brothers need a car with fewer miles on it so his dad is buying the sunfire from me for one of them to use. At least we are keeping her in the "family" and I will be able to watch her from a far :-)

A moment of silence to remember all of the wonderful times and memories with my RAE OF SUN.............