5.14.2009

Thirteen little ducks that I once knew.......

....fat ones, skinny ones, itsy, bitsy, teeny, tiny, cute and furry one's too......lalalalalalala

I need to start carrying a camera with me when I go for my runs like Zooey Deschanel's character in the movie Yes Man :-)
Yesterday, I was running down the cape henry trail I saw a pretty duck with a green head crossing my path. "Where are your friends?" I asked the duck. Worried about him being so close to the road, and being a total goof for animals, I stopped my run and stood to see where he was going. He started heading along the edge of the path between the trail and the creek. Then, about 10 feet away, I heard a "quack". Happy that his friends were nearby, I went to see how many there were. To my surprise, it was a mommy duck with the cutest little pack of baby ducks I have EVER seen. They were SO little that I think this may have been their first outting. I continued on my way so I wouldn't make daddy duck angry.
On the way home the sun was setting in the distance. It was a beautiful day with blue skies and puffy white cotton ball clouds. The sun set cast a pink shade on the edges of the clouds. It was such a peaceful run and reminded me how fabulous life is and how important it is to enjoy the small things.