4.09.2009

Workin' for the weekend

Last weekend was even more relaxing than I had hoped it would be :-)
I was able to go to the Farmers Market and could NOT believe I had never made it down there before. It was amazing! The produce, fresh seafood, dairy, and meat shop were something off of The Food Network or Bravo's Top Chef. It was a good thing most places only took cash and, having never been before, I didn't take out much $ from the ATM that morning or I would have been in trouble.
Afterwards, I went by Matt and Amanda's. Rebekah was there visiting with Charlotte and Norah while she was getting new floors put in her house. After Charlotte finished watching Disney's The Jungle Book with Mr. Matt, she helped me wash the cars where she may have gotten a little wet from splashing in puddles and squeazing the sponge so that the soap and water ran down her arms.
Then, I went home and met all of my neighbors while sitting on my deck and planting flowers and herbs. It was a beautiful day. After cleaning up the half a bag of dirt that I managed to get all over myself, I decided to sit outside with a book and a glass of wine to watch the sunset. By far the most productive AND relaxing day I have had in a long time.
Stay tuned for tonights blog post to introduce my niece Callie who was born yesterday!!!!!