9.27.2010

God Bless our Little Angel Logan

My cousin WJ and his wife Lauren lost their 21 month old son, Logan, after a 5 month battle with leukemia at MCV. He was a precious child and we are all so thankful we had him in our lives for even the short time we did. Logan endured chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant. He ended up getting graft-host disease which presented in his gastrointestinal tract. After much strength and courage through many up's and down's, the Lord called him home to be with Him. I know my grandmother is up in heaven right now playing with him and singing "There's a whole in the bottom of the sea" :-) I will miss watching Callie and Logan play together on Christmas Eve, but I hope we can all rejoice at the holidays knowing that Logan is at the best birthday party ever, right with Jesus.

Pa celebrated his 88th Birthday this Thursday! With everything going on this week, we decided to celebrate on Sunday. Lynn, Walter and Pa came and had lunch with Mom, Dad, Matt, Amanda, Callie, and I. Then we went to the oceanfront to see the Neptune Sandsculptures which were amazing!

Virginia Tech won their second game of the season. And I am now off to cheer for the Bears :-)