9.10.2010

Fun, fun, fun

I had a great past week! I got to spend Monday night with Amanda and Callie watching the VT football game. We played outside, I gave Callie her bath, and we tried to teach Callie to say touchdown. I think she'll have it down by the ECU game next weekend. She's such a quick learner! Then on Wednesday night, Amanda had volleyball. Since Matt was out of town I got to babysit :-) We had a blast. Callie and I played outside, read books, sang songs, watched Mickey, and built a little tent. I even got her to sit still while watching top chef and she let me buff her nails. I'm trying to get her trained for manicures ;-) The only downside from the night, besides leaving to go back home, was the mosquito that I saw two seconds too late sitting under her eyebrow. She has horrible reactions to skeeters and Amanda had to take her to the doctor the next day because it was swollen to the point that her eye was a little slit. Poor Callie!
Scott and I haven't seen each other for 2 months! It has been the longest 2 months ever. He flies in tomorrow evening and flies back Wednesday night. It's going to be such a great weekend, even though my AC decided to completely die on Wednesday........... Hopefully it will be cool and breezy the next 5 days. On Sunday we will have our first pre-marriage counseling session with the minister in Richmond. We'll go by Pa's for lunch to spend time with my dad's family before heading to Richmond. At some point we'll go by to see Matt, Amanda, and Callie too. I talk so much to him about how Callie has grown and what new and fun things she is doing everytime I see her. I can't wait for him to see it all himself.
I'll try to remember to take some pictures to post!