1.10.2010

Christmas in Richmond




The weekend before Christmas was The Big Snow in Virginia. Scott and I had planned to go to Richmond that weekend since I wasn't going to be able to be home for the holidays to spend time with my parents and see their decorations. Luckily, my new car has four wheel drive and Scott, having gone to college in Indiana, has experience driving in the snow. After a 3 1/2 hour drive home going mostly a safe 25 mph, we spent the rest of the weekend on the couch watching movies, opening presents, eating yummy potato soup, and hopping in and out of the hot tub thanks to my dad who would clear a path and open the top for us :-) We also got a surprise visit from my mom's cousin who lives in Germany. She called Sunday morning and was stuck waiting for a flight out of the Richmond airport to go back home. The earliest they could get her home was Wednesday so we picked her up from the hotel to come stay until then.